Pages

Wednesday 4 December 2019

My explanation

Hanmer Springs is a resort town in the province of Canterbury. Many people go there for the weekend to escape the hussle and bussle of Christchurch.


Hammer Springs is 133.4km (1 hour 50 minutes) from Christchurch on State Highway 7. It is known for the Thermal Pools and Spa and the surrounding area is home to many other activities.

When is a good time to visit?
Good times to visit: Summer because it is warm, you can enjoy the hot pools, hydroslide, lazy river and go mountain biking. Winter because you can see snow, skiing, sit in hot pools with snow. In Autumn the leaves are changing colour so it is beautiful. Spring there are lots of flowers. It is an interesting place to visit and well worth the trip from Christchurch in any season. There are many activities to be involved in for the whole family.

It is a great place to go because there are lots of things to do. You can go to the spa pools, walks, mini golf, bike carts, mountain biking holiday homes and there is good food. At Hanmer Springs there are thermal pools, spa and 4 hydro slides, cold pools,
hot pools and spa pools. There is a good walk up Conical Hill. This gentle hill walk leads to a sheltered viewing platform that offers a stunning 360 degree view over Hanmer and the Hurunui District.

Hanmer Springs is a great place to visit with family and friends. There are lots of places to go and lots of things to do. You can visit Hanmer Springs and see if you like it.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Jesse, this is Kieryn from the Summer Learning Journey.
    You have provided some really great information about Hanmer Springs in your post! I have never been there myself but after reading this post I can see it is definitely somewhere I need to visit!
    Quite often when places are advertised they only mention the activities that can be done during the summer. It was great to see you include the activities that can be done throughout the year.
    Spring is by far my favourite season because I enjoy seeing all of the bright and colourful flowers come out to play.
    You seem to know quite a lot about Hanmer Springs. Have you ever been there before? If so, what was your favourite part and why?
    Nga mihi

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.